Change font size on this website:
Urgent News :


We add these links to our website as a service for parents, carers and the community. Woodlands Meed takes no responsibility for the services offered by other providers.
Burgess Hill Town Council Youth Website

Following on from consultations with young people , the youth website for  Burgess Hill Town Council has been reviewed and updated.

Lots of useful information is on the site including things to do, help and advice, and event listings.  The site was launched to the Burgess Hill Youth Council at their first meeting of the school year and feedback was very positive.

Parent Channel is an online service designed to support and encourage parents and carers of children aged 0-19, with a collection of videos addressing day-to-day questions and concerns spanning wellbeing, behaviour and learning.


Where can I find out about all the services available for my child in West Sussex?

The Local Offer tool is a fast, easy way to find local services that can help you and your child

Where can I find out about Education, Health & Care plans?

Who could help me with this process?

The SENAT team at West Sussex County Council -

Where can I find out about provision after Woodlands Meed?

At the Autumn Term Parents evening

Who can help my family with transition?

SEND Information, Advice and Support Service

West Sussex County Council

First Floor, Oriel Lodge, West Street, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1RZ

Phone number:  0330 222 6931

Mobile number:  07718 960 863

When should college applications be made?

You should start looking as soon as possible in your child’s last year or before – even if it is just to discount provision – applications should be made by Christmas.

How will I fund travel to a college of Further Education?

This will be funded by WSCC up to and including the academic year in which you are 19.

Post 19 students will need to apply to their social workers for funding.

What if I want my child to go to a specialist college – maybe with residential provision?

The decision is taken  to an Educational panel in February by  SENAT  – if you are asking for residential care this has to be funded separately by Social Care.

You will need to show that you have explored all options and give reasons why other placements aren’t suitable.

I don’t have a social worker – what shall I do?

You can self-refer to the Community Learning Disability Team – they will carry out an assessment

I am known to the Child Learning Disability Team – what happens at 18?

Before your child is 18 you should be contacted by a social worker from the ‘Transition Team’.

Where can I get some advice and support about being a carer?

What is DLA or PIP ?


Where can I find out information about Personal Budgets?


How do I prepare for my PIP assessment?

I’m already receiving Direct Payments – where can I find some help on becoming an employer and managing PAs?

Where can I find out about bursary payments for Key Stage pupils?

Can I claim ‘Carer’s Allowance’ ?

What is ‘Direct Payment’?

Do I need to get Power of Attorney for my child?

What about the future – shall I set up a ‘Trust Fund’ for my child?

Who do I need to speak to about transport to school or college for my child?

 The West Sussex County Council Transport Co-ordination Group 01243 753530