Woodlands Meed school and college provides a relevant and engaging careers programme which meets the differing needs and requirements of our students. This is developed throughout a student’s time at the school and college and is always supportive of their abilities, strengths and skills.
The aims of the careers programme is to:
- Prepare the students for the transition to life after Woodlands Meed
- Support students in making informed decisions which are appropriate for them
- Provide students with meaningful vocational experiences
- Develop employability skills
- Inspire and motivate pupils to develop themselves as individuals and live as independently as is possible
- Raise the students’ vocational aspirations
The Careers programme will be reviewed for its effectiveness in May 2022 by the students, teachers, employers and parents/carers.
Woodlands Meed measures and assesses the impact of its Careers programme on pupils using the Gatsby Benchmarks.
Nola Bennett has been appointed as the Woodlands Meed Careers Leader and will oversee the Careers programme, she can be contacted on 01444 244133 or by emailing email@example.com.