Careers & Transition Fair 2020
The inaugural Woodlands Meed Careers and Transition Fair was held on Tuesday 14th January at The Kings Church, Burgess Hill. It was open to all our students from Year 7 to 14 and hosted over 30 exhibitors which included a variety of employers, day services, transitional services and further education settings.
The Woodlands Meed Careers and Transition Fair is designed to introduce students to the world of work and to develop their ideas about transition. Students were able to approach exhibitors in a supported and safe setting and talk to them directly, simultaneously gaining an understanding of the different roles and opportunities available, as well as the skills required.
The event was well-attended and the feedback from the exhibitors, staff and the students has been excellent. Thank you to the Careers team who worked hard to organise the event and to the Friends of Woodlands Meed who supported the event.
- ‘I found it very interesting and inspiring to see so many different companies doing so much for vulnerable people’ staff member
- 100% of staff thought that it would valuable to develop and repeat the Careers and Transition Fair in the future
- ‘I enjoyed learning about companies and colleges I didn’t know about already.’ student
- I enjoyed learning different career and meeting people.’ student
- 100% of the students found the event interesting and useful
- ‘I would like to have more time there.’ student
- I think that this has been such a really good fair and it must happen again certainly. ‘ student
- ‘Lovely set up, friendly staff, brilliant students and was great to speak to the parents/carers at the end too. ‘ Exhibitor
The careers team are already planning next year’s event. If you are a local business who would like to know more email firstname.lastname@example.org