Interventions are extra sessions carried out individually or in small groups to enable pupils to improve their skills in a certain area of difficulty or to enable them to catch up with peers.
The Interventions team work across both sites to enable pupils to access the best learning opportunities available.
- targeted reading, writing or maths
- speech and language support
- targeting physical, sensory and organisational difficulties
- encouraging positive social interactions
- developing self-esteem and confidence
Pupils are selected for interventions according to their needs, teacher assessment or EHCP provision. Some of this provision is funded by Pupil Premium allocation and by Year 7 Catch Up Funding.
The intervention teams on both sites are comprised of suitably trained, highly skilled and experienced staff. Some of these staff also deliver interventions to local schools who are members of the Meeds SEND Alliance.
Please use the tabs on the right for more information on the specific interventions we offer.